About the Video – Techniques of the Hudson River School Masters with Erik Koeppel™
About the Video
The Hudson River School Painters have captured the hearts of the world for almost 200 years. Until now, few have been able to capture the delicate and dramatic luminescence of the landscape like this group of painters. Now Erik Koeppel, instructor at the Hudson River Institute, shares the secrets of the Hudson River School painters with this new video.
You’ll learn the methods employed by painters like Thomas Cole, Frederick Church, Stanford Giford and Asher B. Durand. Erik will take you on location for sketching and composition, plein air studies and then into the studio for a finished painting, including lost glazing techniques.
Segments the Koeppel Video:
1. Composition Sketch: Erik does a sketch on location to determine how he will compose his painting.
2. Outdoor Plein Air Study: Erik sets up outdoors and creates a plein air study.
3. Outdoor Tree at Sunset Study: Erik shows how to capture the light of sunset as it comes through the trees by creating a sunset tree study.
4. Glazing Demonstration: Erik shows how to glaze a painting to create powerful yet subtle paint effects much like those of the Hudson River School Masters.
5. Studio Painting: Erik creates a studio painting incorporating the outdoor study, a tree sketch, glazing and other effects.
6. Interview: Fine Art Connoisseur/PleinAir Magazine publisher B. Eric Rhoads interviews Erik about his thoughts on painting.
7. Exhibit of Erik Koeppel’s work.
8. Studio Visit
TECHNIQUES OF THE HUDSON RIVER SCHOOL MASTERS WITH ERIK KOEPPEL©/™ Streamline Publishing, Inc. 2012. All Rights Reserved. HOME USE LICENSE ONLY: DO NOT COPY, DISTRIBUTE, RENT OR PERFORM. For licensing information contact 561-655-8778 or email@example.com. View Licensing Terms.